couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sven Helmberger <sven.helmber...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: 0.9.0 Delay or Release?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:04:50 GMT
Damien Katz wrote:
> The 0.9.0 release has been dragging on forever as I try to get the 
> replication security stuff working. Unfortunately I've stalled out on it 
> and I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish it to production quality. 
> Could be a week, could be a month. I've been feeling likes its only a 
> week away for about a month now, and I keep getting pulled into other 
> stuff and its hard to get back on track. It's pretty involved stuff, so 
> its not like someone can just take of with it and finish it in a 
> reasonable amount of time, but anyone iswelcome to try 
> (branches/rep_security).
> 
> So I'm wondering if we should just forget it for 0.9.0 and release it 
> without. It won't be beta yet and the security stuff useless as it is 
> now now, but all the other stuff that's in 0.9 will still be there. 
> Thoughts please.
> 
> -Damien

 From my "driver developer" point of view, the prolonged preparation for 
0.9 is a bit of a inconvenience. As it is I stopped doing releases for 
now to keep the old release 0.8.1 compatible and only commit fixes for 
0.9 into trunk for now.

I would welcome an  early 0.9 release -- and seeing all those issues of 
people trying to use 0.9 features in 0.8.1 seems to show that I am not 
the only one.

Regards,
Sven Helmberger

Mime
View raw message