couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT]: Accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9 (Was: Re: VOTE: accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9)
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:59:08 GMT

On 24/02/2009, at 10:35 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> No, you're absolutely right on the "Accept the patch" branch. But
> there are enough community -1s to keep this open. A single
> community -1 should be addressed in an ASF vote.

My suggestion arising from this is that voting a community vote where
everyone states their case and casts a vote is followed by a PMC
decision. It seems (to me) confusing to have this multi-class voting
system which conflates two separate processes.

The PMC decision would only need explanation if it were a veto of a
community vote.

Antony Blakey
-------------
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd