couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT]: Accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9 (Was: Re: VOTE: accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9)
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:18:31 GMT

On 24/02/2009, at 10:34 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:14:04PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
>> I'm a bit confused about this. Excuse me while I tread carefully. It
>> seems that the community vote is clearly a majority to accept the
>> patch.
>> If the end result of this vote is that we don't follow that vote
>> because
>> it's only the PMC vote that counts, doesn't that mean that community
>> votes are irrelevant?
>
> Anthony, I am upset that you seem to be wanting to cause trouble
> again.

It was a question Noah.

Your characterization of my intent as being 'to cause trouble', and
furthermore 'again', is entirely erroneous.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Every task involves constraint,
Solve the thing without complaint;
There are magic links and chains
Forged to loose our rigid brains.
Structures, structures, though they bind,
Strangely liberate the mind.
   -- James Fallen