couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.9.0 Delay or Release?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:45:09 GMT
So it is effectively stale code that probably should not be
in a release. Alternatively:

  - leave as is and don't document it.
  - modify API that any use of the API results in an error.

The first is probably the better way to go if we decide to do an
"on-schedule" 0.9

Cheers
Jan
--
On 9 Feb 2009, at 16:41, Damien Katz wrote:

> The security stuff that's in trunk now doesn't break things, so it  
> doesn't have to be removed. But it doesn't work with replication at  
> all yet, so its not useful IMO.
>
> -Damien
>
> On Feb 9, 2009, at 10:32 AM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>>
>> On 9 Feb 2009, at 15:29, Damien Katz wrote:
>>
>>> ... the security stuff useless as it is now now, but all the other  
>>> stuff that's in 0.9 will still be there. Thoughts please.
>>
>> Does it make sense to back out the not yet useful security stuff  
>> and run a non-beta 0.9 and a beta 0.10 release not long after that?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>
>


Mime
View raw message