couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for Changes to the Test Suite
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:19:18 GMT

On 14/02/2009, at 10:43 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> If the intention of the code is clear then why bother repeating the
> intention, why bother repeating the intention when the code is clear?
> See, its fucked up.

No, your comment proves nothing.

Anyway, there's a lot of literature on this subject, so you and I
arguing the point from scratch isn't efficient. Let's agree to disagree.

> The scheme I was suggesting was keeping around a small set of tests to
> check browser compliance with JS funcitonality that CouchDB requires.
> Things like making sure your XHR can do DELETE's (which is a bug in
> Opera we've run into).

My point is that these kinds of test are generally useful, outside of
Couch, as a separate project. Carefactor < epsilon :)

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy.
   -- Martin Luther King