couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb transactions changes
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 14:05:04 GMT

On Feb 9, 2009, at 8:58 AM, Antony Blakey wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> And if my assumption about the ordering of replication records is
>>> correct, I'd like to see a commit # in the rev because that
>>> enables replication that would preserve an ACID bulk_docs contract
>>> in exclusive replication scenarios.
>>
>> The question is wether you are willing to drive the coding effort and
>> community communication to make that happen. Like Damien, I'm not
>> trying to discourage you, on the contrary, I'd love to see the
>> community
>> driving features.
>
> I mentioned this a) to see if Damien thought it would fly (although
> I think the commit # needs to be a random); and b) because it
> resolves one reason to not even bother with an ACID endpoint; and c)
> he has another proposal around changing the rev format.

Sorry, I haven't really even considered it, and I don't plan to spend
much time thinking about it as a technical matter. Before I work on
solving a problem, I first need to convince myself it's worth solving.
I am not convinced at all. There are problems I and the rest of the
community would like to see solved and are waiting for, which is what
my replication security patch is about.

-Damien