couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Fail on a simple case on replication
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:16:27 GMT
This is a very common misconception about the revision system. Any
ideas how we can make this better?

random ideas:
- Remove the ability to get old revisions
- Make it much harder/verbose to get old revision
- Make the api to get old revisions something like "?
old_rev_that_might_still_be_on_disk=...."
- Don't call them revisions, call them "turd blossoms" or "hobo
socks". People won't know what they are, but at least they won't
misuse them.

-Damien

Begin forwarded message: