couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: let -c *not* ignore default.ini
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:27:47 GMT
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 02:17:38PM +0100, eric casteleijn wrote:
> The only potential problem I see is if the current way .ini files are
> handled does not allow you to *un*specify a particular option, in which
> case you'd need to have an option to ignore the default.ini.

We cannot accept this patch as is, because it provides no way to avoid the
default configuration file. As it currently stands, if you wish to use some
custom configuration file, it assumed that you know enough about what you're
doing to add in the default or local configuration files as well.

To accept your patch, we would need an additional option, like you mention:

  --ignore-default-configuration

For me, this weird behaviour breaks the rule of least surprise.

Even with the modification suggested, I doubt I would want to accept this patch.

I suggest that you use the following on your local system:

  couchdb -c default.ini -c custom.ini

Best,