couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT]: Accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9 (Was: Re: VOTE: accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9)
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:03:42 GMT
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 07:07:11AM -0600, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
> > CouchDB dodges this at present, since you can't download a document together
> > with its attachments.
> what about ?attachments=true  or am I misunderstanding you?

This is new to me - such feature doesn't seem to be mentioned at
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API, where it says:

"When retrieving documents, the attachment's actual data is not included,
only the metadata. The actual data has to be fetched separately, using a
special URI."

However I do see "attachments=true" in couch_rep.erl. Is this something
internal/private for replication?

Regards,

Brian.