couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McDaniel <couc...@autosys.us>
Subject Re: Helping out
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:25:37 GMT
  Hey, David.

  I also support the 'best practices' writeup that Paul Davis
  mentioned.  Help is available many places; I suggest
  starting
  here : http://erlang.org
  and  : http://trapexit.org/

 Another 'best practice' question recently came up on the
 mailing list that re-occurs occasionally ...
 http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2009-February/041605.html

  If you do anything with the source code ...

  As you sleuth out how the source works, add documentation
  in the source (ala http://erlang.org/doc/man/edoc.html)
  so more detailed documentation will be facilitated when
  using ...

  I do not know which modules are most useful to expose though
  couch_query_servers.erl, couch_os_process.erl, and
  couch_view_updater.erl seem pertinent to writing an external
  (native Erlang) view server.

  I would like to see compilation of definitions of data
  structures, as well.  For example, the Erlang term
  representations of:
  * Doc
  * structure(s) written to/from file (couch_view_updater ?)
  * etc.

~Michael

--
Michael McDaniel