couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transactional _bulk_docs
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 04:32:31 GMT
On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 01:20:22PM -0800, Ted Leung wrote:
> So we have 79/yr for couch and 25/yr for httpd.  that's 3x.

This is unfair, I had purposefully ignored all quoted references.

It also doesn't help when a member of the community is insistent upon using that
word to frame his criticism of the project. Are we to be held accountable for
the actions of others?

> I'm very disappointed that we've now degenerated into message counting.

When someone decides to throw yet more petrol on the fire by accusing the
development team of something, the only possible defence is to demonstrate that
this is not the case. I'm not a fan of hand-waving, so the only sensible
recourse is to count the number of messages. What else would you suggest? Should
all unqualified attacks be allowed to pass unchallenged? When I, the team I work
with, and the community I belong to, are accused of something such as this, I
don't understand why it would be frowned upon to defend that accusation.

As Damien points out, the only major use of the word outside of official
business seems to be by Anthony or in response to some inflammatory remark made
by Anthony. Pointing out the high number of cases when this has happened only
strengthens my point that one should look elsewhere for the cause.