couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple erlang plugins (was Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:18:40 GMT
On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 09:31:36PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
>>>  -D      add all the plugins in $DEFAULT_PLUGIN_DIR
>>>  -G DIR  add all the plugins in DIR
>>>  -P DIR  add the plugin DIR
>>
>> Why have you chosen all capitals?
>
> Because all the obvious lower case options have been used. I wanted to
> use long options, but the shell getopts doesn't allow it.

I think I agree with a comment earlier in this thread. I don't think command
options are the place for this type of configuration. Ideally, you'd want all
the configuration in the ini file. If you really need to override some ini file
setting, maybe using an environment variable would be the way forward.

Bottom line: I want to keep the number of command line options small.