couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: preventing compaction from ruining the OS block cache
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:32:21 GMT
Oh yeah, one more option that is kind of crazy is to spawn a small
external child process for file io. It would be a very small simple
process that opens a file and responds to read/write commands from the
erlang server. Then we can implement exactly the low level apis and
caching behavior desired. The cost is extra IPC, but that should be
small compare the the cost of a blown file cache.

-Damien