couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT]: Accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9 (Was: Re: VOTE: accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9)
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:48:22 GMT
Hi Christopher,

On 23 Feb 2009, at 10:31, Christopher Lenz wrote:

> Personally, I don't think this whole thing is very important, but I
> don't see any harm in adding the trailing newline right now.

Me neither. The only thing is that it changes the API and we agreed to
solve these issues within the next one or two releases. If we decide
that
we can change this particular behaviour of the API later without
breaking
clients, we can drop the 'blocking' bit and move on.

> Providing a reason for your -1 on accepting the patch would be a
> good start ;)

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200901.mbox/%3ce282921e0901261309y51bc9519v6583f2b0a9d7ed84@mail.gmail.com%3e

I haven't seen any compelling pro- arguments that can't be solved
on the client side (curl -w\\n e.g.).

Cheers
Jan