couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap discussion
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:54:37 GMT

On Feb 9, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> * Incremental Map Reduce
>  - This is also strong right now. It could be faster, but so far it's
> been fast enough.

I'd like to see built-in reductions for simple and commonly used
things like count, sum, average, etc. When used it would avoid 90% of
the current reduction costs.

> * Alternate Storage and View Engines
>  - There are interested parties here, but I think we're hoping to
> save this one until all the deeply subtle stuff Damien's working on
> comes together.

I think alternate view and reporting engines are a great idea, and I'd
definitely like plug-ins for file attachment storage. Alternate
storage engines aren't something that need to wait on me.

-Damien