couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <>
Subject Re: Statistics Module
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 01:25:56 GMT
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Paul Davis <> wrote:
> Everything in your source code should be trying to convey meaning as
> quickly and efficiently as possible. All these do is add redundant
> information and make the tests a pain to read.
> I definitely agree that we could spend some time organizing our test
> suite into smaller files. Perhaps one file per current test, and then
> split up some of the bigger tests into smaller bits. eunit tests for
> the internals is also made of win. I am in no way against stealing
> good ideas, but long names just isn't one of them.

Heh. I kinda have to agree with you here, although I think a little
balance can be found:

stats: {
   database: {
       "increment create": function() .....
       "increment open": function() ...
       "decrement closed": function() ...
       "this seems to be a test of the max-open functionality that
uses stats as a test tool. ftw, but let's move it to another section":
function() ...
       reset: function() ....

Chris Anderson

View raw message