couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: minor API change update=false => stale=ok
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 03:12:29 GMT
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:56:13AM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
>> Would this not be a good general rule however?
>>
>>   stale-ok=true
>
> This disagrees with my sense of style. I prefer a single word key.

Going forward, we may add eg stale=force to give the semantics people
always wanted from update=false (go to disk to find the latest state
of the view, if the view has never been computed, return an error).

I think if we were gonna go all the way json, we'd do something like:

/db/_view/some/thing?{"stale":"ok","startkey":"g","limit":10}

Which I don't like for all kinds of reasons.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com