couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Dropping _temp_views
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 23:49:55 GMT
We've discussed dropping temp_views on a number of occasions. They
"don't scale" and tend to cause user confusion.

I'm looking at what it would take to write the patch. The biggest
changes would be in the tests, where they use db.query(). I could
patch the db.query method itself to create a design doc and query it,
so things just keeps working transparently. I can't decide if this is
a hack or the best way to do it. Any opinions? Part of me thinks we'd
have a helper method like that for the tests even if there had never
been temp_views.

Converting the _temp_view editor from Futon to only work on design
docs will not be too hard at all, just replace the Run button with
Save And Run when the user makes changes.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com