couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Statistics Module
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:26:34 GMT
Jan & Alex,

Awesome work. I'm already having visions of a shiny new page in Futon.

Two concerns:

The way that stats are calculated currently with the dependent
variable being time could cause some issues in implementing more
statistics. With my extremely limited knowledge of stats I think
moving that to be dependent on the number of requests might be better.
This is something that hopefully someone out there knows more about.
(This is in terms of "avg for last 5 minutes" vs "avg for last 100
requests", (the later of the two making stddev type stats
calculateable on the fly in constant memory.)

I'm sorry, but i gotta say: 'should keep the same number of open
databases when reaching the max_dbs_open limit' is a really fucking
verbose test name. I'm all for making our tests more granular, etc.
but those names are just incomprehensible. Perhaps we can abandon the
novelas with some better categorization semantics?

HTH,
Paul Davis