couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Long running task status monitoring
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:26:18 GMT
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Robert Dionne <bob.dionne@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is very cool, I'll check it out.
>
> After a build with yesterday's changes I started seeing these exceptions
> again: http://gist.github.com/50826
>
> This was fixed (#213) a few days ago. I lowered max_open_databases on my
> machine to 50 and it still occurs. It only occurs once when running the
> tests from Futon, which all pass. However when running the tests standalone
> from the runner script, you'll see two or three. Running these requires the
> patch I submitted to couch_js.c
>
> I'll try to run this down (no pun intended :)

My guess is that those are erlang-ism errors. As in, they're
notifications that a gen_server was forcibly killed and then it exited
with a status other than normal. I tried adding a conditional block to
couch_file.erl that just printed a single line that the gen_server was
exiting forcefully and then exited normally to see if that would
alleviate the problem but I still seemed to be getting them. I still
think that's the right part of the code to be looking at though.

HTH,
Paul Davis