couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update notifications including update sequence
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 06:52:52 GMT
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:46 AM, Antony Blakey <antony.blakey@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/01/2009, at 3:51 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> There can be many _external processes for a single definition. So, not
>> only are requests not serialized, they can be concurrent etc.
>
> Hmmm. I must be particularly thick today, because my reading of the code has
> a single couch_external_manager creating and maintaining an instance of
> couch_external_server *per* UrlName, with each couch_external_server
> instance corresponding to a single invocation of the external process
> backing that URL.
>
> Where am I going wrong?

Wow. I am the dumb one here. I was just checking it out again as well
to pin down the spot you'd need. Turns out that everything I said
about _external is dead wrong. Though, if it helps, the model I had in
my head is definitely how view server processes work XD

And now that I just got that into my head I'm scrapping the update
notification side of my couchdb-lucene stuff and running it all from
_external.

Apologies for wasting everyone's time.

Paul Davis