couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _show API (née _form)
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 07:18:59 GMT
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Ulises <ulises.cervino@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 on render
>
> The other thing I think we must think about, since we're discussing
> naming here, is that I'd hate to have two different names one for
> show_docs and one for show_views. From a user's point of view, I
> wouldn't care really whether the info I'm looking at came from
> _show_docs or _show_view.
>
> _render is good IMO.
>
> /db/_view/_render/as_foo
> /db/docid/_render/as_foo <- (I must confess I haven't looked at the
> whole _show feature in details so some things I say may be way off)
>
> methinks.

I agree with the sentiment, but I could see the compromises we made
with the / escaping stuff could make this hard to deconvolve in them
implementation. We could make it a fal back as in, it tries the
showing with the doc first then with the view, etc, but that's kinda
hackish.

Ideally yes, it'd just be one URL, but like I say, I can think of a
whole bunch of cases where it would be ambiguous.

And ambiguity is the devil in the details etc.

> 2009/1/13 Bradford Winfrey <bradswinfrey@yahoo.com>:
>> Not that it matters but +1 for _render - I think that's the best definition thus
far especially when using "as" as the preposition to the format type.