couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: streaming attachments writes
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:15:40 GMT
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
> I checked in streaming attachment writes for attachment uploads (ie PUT
> /db/docid/attachment.txt ...). This allows that huge files can be uploaded
> without CouchDB buffering it to memory, making is possible to upload huge
> attachments.
>
> Unfortunately, we don't yet stream the attachments for replication w and you
> can't update an attachment and the document json in single request yet, so
> this is of limited use for now. That will require sending documents in http
> multi-part, and support for that is on the to-do list.
>
> -Damien

Thanks for this update :) I've just tested this morning, here on a 2GB
of ram machine, it didn''t work with curl in chunked transfert
encoding. It doesn't work either in chunked mode with one script I
have. However it works with this script based on py-restclient
(attached) in normal mode.

Thanks for this progress :)

- benoit