couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Statistics Module
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 23:27:59 GMT

On 29 Jan 2009, at 23:42, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Alex Lang and I have been working on a statistics module this week.
> We'd like to share our intermediate results and discuss further steps
> and acceptance of the module into the CouchDB codebase. The code
> lives on GitHub:
>
>    http://github.com/janl/couchdb/tree/stats

Not sure why I'm full of fail when it comes to Git, but here you have
the latest branch with some new stuff:

	http://github.com/janl/couchdb/tree/old-stats-new

News:

  - Added GET /_stats view (thanks Paul Davis and Martin Scholl for
help).
  - Added Martin Scholl's implementation of less complex average &
stddev
    calculation.
  - Add more tests, heh.
  - Messed up stats-new branch.

Todo:

  - Integration with build process.
  - Conditionally compile eunit source on `make test` not for regular
`make`.
  - Merge with old `make test` code.
  - Add absolute value counter for things like request time.
   - In the process we'll remove the little clunky DifferencesList
stuff and
     make all aggregators use absolute values.
  - Add float precision to aggregate values.
  - Move to ASF subversion branch.

If you could help us prioritize the Todo list, we're happy to follow
your
suggestions. Thanks!

Cheers
Jan