couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: accept newline patch into CouchDB for 0.9
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:51:28 GMT

On 24/01/2009, at 9:12 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

>  * Accept the patch (or a modified version) and add newline chars

+1

A newline provides a simple way to determine end-of-term without
otherwise parsing the json.

>  * Reject the patch (and any modified version) and do not add
> newlines chars

-1

The newline isn't part of the JSON response, but is instead a
transport issue, and so I don't think it intersects with any canonical
representation issues.

>  * Further discussion, to be decided before we release 0.9

+0

>  * Further discussion, to be decided after we release 0.9

-0

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.