couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: minor API change update=false => stale=ok
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:26:13 GMT

On 23/01/2009, at 10:11 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 03:29:00PM -0800, kowsik wrote:
>>> AFAIR, all URL query params to couch are proper json. Just to be
>>> pedantic, shouldn't that be stale=true or stale="ok"?
>>
>> I don't think this should have to be the case.
>>

> IIRC, only startkey, endkey and key are JSON

And anything that takes true/false i.e. group=true

Would this not be a good general rule however?

   stale-ok=true

This particular case has the advantage that the legal values are
immediately suggested (sans i18n) because the key IMO is obviously a
binary predicate.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Every task involves constraint,
Solve the thing without complaint;
There are magic links and chains
Forged to loose our rigid brains.
Structures, structures, though they bind,
Strangely liberate the mind.
   -- James Fallen