couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update notifications including update sequence
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 06:46:53 GMT

On 19/01/2009, at 3:51 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> There can be many _external processes for a single definition. So, not
> only are requests not serialized, they can be concurrent etc.

Hmmm. I must be particularly thick today, because my reading of the
code has a single couch_external_manager creating and maintaining an
instance of couch_external_server *per* UrlName, with each
couch_external_server instance corresponding to a single invocation of
the external process backing that URL.

Where am I going wrong?

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

A Buddhist walks up to a hot-dog stand and says, "Make me one with
everything". He then pays the vendor and asks for change. The vendor
says, "Change comes from within".