couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REPORT] Apache CouchDB
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:54:04 GMT

On 16 Jan 2009, at 19:22, Damien Katz wrote:

> Here is a draft of the board report that's due soon. What should I
> add to the report?
>
> -Damien
>
> ----
>
> CouchDB is a distributed document-oriented database system written
> in Erlang. The project graduated to TLP in November 2008 and Damien
> Katz was approved as the Apache CouchDB PMC .
>

> - Community
>
> This needs some stuff!

The three committers Chris Anderson, Noah Slater and Jan Lehnardt
started releasing chapters from their work-in-progress book "CouchDB:
The Definitive Guide" on http://books.couchdb.org/ The content will be
licensed under Apache 2.0 and published in print by O'Reilly Media.
The book mailing list has 340+ subscribers and the feedback is immense.

For the book, Chris and Jan are working on CouchApp, a toolkit for
writing standalone CouchDB applications that is gaining traction on
its own.

CouchDB mailing list traffic (both user- and dev) is growing constantly.

Multiple open source projects and commercial projects and products
built on CouchDB have been released or launched in the last few weeks.
We are trying to keep track of them on http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CouchDB_in_the_wild