couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Long running task status monitoring
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:41:09 GMT
Neat! If there's one thing that I'm constantly worried about on a
write heavy site, it's compaction. The file sizes do grow pretty
rapidly because of append-only-write nature of Couch. Knowing the
status can help the rest of app throttle itself if necessary.

One suggestion though, instead of preformatting the status, can you
emit actual json objects instead?

For example:

status: {
    total: 39001,
    current: 10001
}

and so on which makes it machine parsable. Otherwise the caller has to
resort to regex magic which is just painful.

Thanks,

K.