couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Aljord <patc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "CouchDB in the wild" by blackmagic rue
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 01:37:15 GMT
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> My concerns do not apply to Google because they frame their website and
> purpose
> differently. When you visit Google you're not prompted or reminded about
> opportunities for copyright infringement.

Well, gipirate is a search engine and has a bot that searches the web for
torrents, just like google with torrents and the rest of the web. You can
use bittorrent search engine to download gnu/linux distributions, jamendo
music and more copyleft work, I do it all the time. Sure, many people use it
to get illegal stuff. But if you look at the google top keyword searches
you'll see porn, p2p, torrents, gambling etc on that list. So many people
use it to do illegal/nsfw search, should we ban google too?