couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <bob.dio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Extending immutability
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 18:27:21 GMT
Interesting proposal. A question:

First, I'm a little confused by the use of the phrase referential
transparency as I understand the more technical definition in the FP
literature (call a function twice on the same input and get the same
output), but I think I see the intended meaning, please clarify if
you have another meaning.

Do you have applications and/or  envision use cases that are dynamic
enough that you want to track design doc changes? It seems to me
these are more a development time concern.