couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "CouchDB in the wild" by blackmagic rue
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:32:51 GMT

On 23/01/2009, at 10:16 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> I think a link to a blog post or other document that explains how
> couchdb is used would be just as good (if not better) than an on-page
> explanation.

The benefit of requiring a description on the page is that it is
immediately obvious which links are valid, and which not. To allow an
indirect reference requires following the reference. Doesn't stop the
description including a link to more detailed information /
architecture blog etc.

> I do think it's polite if your page could potentially be
> "nsfw" to put a clear description of that fact on the listing.

Sure, which is the description, as opposed to the justification/how-is-
couch-used. I think it's also OK to make an accurate description be a
requirement, rather than simply an issue of 'politeness'.

I wonder what 'nsfw' means if you work in porn? Religious sites? :)

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Plurality is not to be assumed without necessity
   -- William of Ockham (ca. 1285-1349)