couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Smith <wbsmit...@gmail.com>
Subject Sort by value
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:08:07 GMT
I was wondering if there were any plans for sort by value. A simple use case
would be a tag listing page. If you have posts with tags and want to find
the 20 most popular tags. You would current have to pull the whole set into
memory and then sort then display. This process is largely in efficient and
makes paging very impractical. I can think of other cases, especially
involving more complex things, calculating distance or similarity. If you
think there's a better way to do this, I'm open to ideas. I'd love to move
hashtags.org over to couch, but I'm running into certain hurdles.

--Brian