couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Extending immutability
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 02:52:16 GMT
> 1. Provide the document rev whenever the id is returned, such as view

> results i.e. not in the document, but in the per-row hash.

I meant in the per-row hash *as well*. I'm not suggesting changing
anything in the document, although the raw document get should return
the db UUID, and I guess that would need to come as a HTTP header. Bit
ugly, and not a great API, but as long as the document isn't wrapped,
I can't see where else to put it.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn
disinclination to do so.
   -- Douglas Adams