couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Helmberger <sven.helmber...@gmx.de>
Subject Attachment revision?
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:52:29 GMT
Hello!

I'm writing some multi-app hosting thing and besides using couchdb as
database it also stores all images and stylesheets and scripts etc for
the applications as attachments. I have one couchdb database per app and
store all resources on a single document to keep the same relative
hierarchical structure I have in my apps.

I can now fetch that document and use it to quickly find out the name,
lenght and content-type of all my attachments. When the document
revision changes I know that at least one of the attachments has
changed, but I don't know which.

Wouldn't it be possible to store the revision in which the attachment
was created with the attachment?

_attachments could then contain these revisions as additional property
and couchdb could use that revision as ETag when serving the attachment
content which would be better than using the documents revision like it
is now.

Regards,
Sven Helmberger