couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] Apache CouchDB
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:33:20 GMT
Here is a draft of the board report that's due soon. What should I add
to the report?

-Damien

----

CouchDB is a distributed document-oriented database system written in
Erlang. The project graduated to TLP in November 2008 and Damien Katz
was approved as the Apache CouchDB PMC .

- Community

This needs some stuff!

- Development

We are now looking to release CouchDB 0.9.0 in January, our first as
TLP and our first BETA release .

New features currently in trunk for 0.9.0:
- Security and data validation functionality
- View server internals re-architecture to allow the ability to
quickly read stale views as indexes are being updated.
- Multi-key view lookup enhancements
- Include_docs. Ability to load full documents with view rows.
- Btree performance improvements
- Faster and more compact internal JSON term format, that is also the
new Erlang canonical JSON term format. Additionally, when a low level
JSON parser is implemented in core Erlang, it is will use this format
and we'll gain more performance for free.
- Ability to run a CouchDB server right from the project source
directory, for development purposes
- Streaming attachment writes
- fliters for converting json documents to other formats (XML, HTML,
etc)
- Deferred commits (optional acid) for faster update and replication
speed

- Infrastructure

We have now transfered all couchdb assets over to the final TLP
locations, including the couchdb.apache.org site, the mailing lists
and the SVN repositories.