couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "CouchDB in the wild" by blackmagic rue
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:45:44 GMT
Antony,

Thanks for your explanation, and for highlighting the problems associated with
moral arbitration. I can see what you're trying to say. However, I think you
slightly misunderstood my email, I wrote:

> I can think of the following problematic areas:

I was not suggesting that all of the things I listed are immoral in some
absolute sense of the word. I was suggesting that they may be problematic for us
a project. Unfortunately, outgoing project links can be seen as endorsements,
and we must be careful about them in that respect.

I think that the links and content on our website should aim to be family
friendly and work safe, as vague as that may be. I wasn't proposing a set of
hard and fast rules for determining what is or isn't safe by these standards. As
a community, we would have to judge each one on a case by case basis.

That's essentially what this thread was meant to be about. What does the
community think? Is this link okay or not?