couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9.0 Release
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 01:00:51 GMT
> Also, some people have complaints about the programmatic interfaces for
> map/reduce/rereduce functionality. If anyone wants to change these, or any
> other major aspects of CouchDB interfaces, now is the time. It only gets
> harder as we move forward.
>
> Feedback please.

The biggest feature I would like to see in 1.0 would be a chainable
map/reduce implementation. Of all the big features that I can think of
(auto-sharding, erlang plugins, etc) chainable map/reduce will have
the highest cost/payoff ratio. The biggest draw back is that it would
introduce some user noticeable changes to the system, but I would
argue that this is merely another reason to implement pre-1.0.

Paul Davis