couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruy Díaz Jara" <diaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Connection reset
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:48:51 GMT
Hi,

I recently posted this question on the user mailing list but I'm thinking
maybe that wasn't the right place to do it (as I have gotten no answer). If
it is, I apologize for moving it here.

Ruy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ruy Díaz Jara <diazruy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:51 AM
Subject: Connection reset
To: user@couchdb.apache.org

Hi,

I've recently been working on getting my application to use a connection
pool to connect to Couch and improve performance by reusing the connections
and avoiding the socket opening/closing cost. Everything seems nice and
dandy except when I create a new database. Apparently every time I create a
DB, the socket is closed by Couch. Does anyone know if this expected
behaviour and if so what the rationale behind it is?

With all other operations this does not occur. It's not even the PUT action
(I can put documents in the DB repeatedly reusing the socket). It seems to
be only when DBs are created.

Thanks
Ruy