couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Davies <ja...@jasondavies.com>
Subject Re: document forms
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:51:00 GMT
Hi Chris,

I like the concept very much, I will give you more feedback once I've
played with it in depth.  Here are just a couple of implementation
comments:

On 24 Dec 2008, at 02:15, Chris Anderson wrote:

> Comments about the API and implementation welcome. I think this code
> is fairly solid, but I'd like to put a few eyes on it before it goes
> into trunk. One thing that is known to be missing, is there is no way
> to return direct binary from a form (eg have a form generate an
> image/png from a document). This will probably involve just a little
> bit of base64 work and the right conventions.

I get an empty response (due to internal crash) when attempting to GET
a form for a non-existent document.  Attempting to GET a non-existent
form returns a 404 as expected.

> The diff itself (cleaned up to work against current svn trunk) is
> available here: http://friendpaste.com/5pZcOrLZGkOi1vepapGHso

I get an error when attempting to apply that patch against current svn
trunk:

   patching file share/www/script/couch_tests.js
   patch: **** malformed patch at line 652: @@ -2058,8 +2307,7 @@

I can clone the git repository fine though.  Git FTW!

Cheers,

Jason