couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Dean Landolt" <d...@deanlandolt.com>
Subject Re: 0.9.0 Release
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 19:38:13 GMT
>...and to finally change "count" to "limit" in view query string arguments.
I'm a big fan of "limit" -- I know couch ain't sql, but no need to eschew
convention without reason. Also, what about changing "skip" to "offset"
which is more conventional? And I know this has been asked before, but is it
even remotely feasible to make skip/offset/whatever efficient? It seems to
me it would make pagination much more logical, rather than having to drop
down to startkey/startkey_docid semantics.