couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Closing Files
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 07:44:51 GMT
Hey,

I've been hacking on jchris's update-false branch for the past couple
days and I've finally gotten everything to the point of passing all
the Futon tests. But I've run into a bit of an issue. The tests all
pass the first time through, but when the tests are repeated before a
server restart, I start getting EMFILE errors indicating i've
exhausted file handles. I cannot for the life of me piece together how
file handles are cleaned up *after* the view has been completely
written to the client.

Hopefully I'm not just tired and missing something obvious, but can
anyone give me a description of the expected open/close states for the
file descriptors used for both the couch_db and the #group.fd handles?
Specifically when they change and how that gets triggered.

Thanks,
Paul