couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simplest possible plugin/component mechanism
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 04:57:49 GMT
Noah,

It appears that we may be able to change the module load paths via the
erl_prim_loader module. So having a config option that is has some
list of plugin paths, and then having a standardized directory layout
akin to what Antony described could be awesome.

Also, not sure if this is gonna get laughed at or not, but reading the
docs on the erl_prim_laoder, it looks like it actually wouldn't be
that hard to write a thing that could pull in erlang code from a
document. Obviously there'd be some security issues to figure out, but
how fucking cool would it be to replicate a design doc and not only
have a web app, but add new functionality to the underlying server? I
mean, that's one hell of a plugin system if you ask me.

Also, that could be completely unfeasible and I'm just too tired to notice.

Any other more coherent thoughts?

Paul