couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Security and Validation Features
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 06:38:11 GMT

On Nov 21, 2008, at 9:18 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> That's what she said! :/

/groan

Q for Damien: could the validation function take care of adding the
author from the user context for new documents, or must it refrain
from changing the incoming document?

I'm a little unclear about how the user context for replication will
appear. It will be the user who triggered the replication? Or a user
corresponding to the source database? Will there be a way for
validation functions to know when the update comes via replication as
opposed to from a regular update?

Chris