couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jedediah Smith <jeded...@silencegreys.com>
Subject Re: View with incremental counter
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 01:20:18 GMT

Perhaps design docs could be allowed to provide init functions which
would be passed to the view server whenever the view server is
(re)started or the design doc is updated?

The view server would maintain a distinct, persistent sandbox for each
design doc (or however else you want to partition it) and the id of said
design doc would have to be passed with view protocol calls, if it isn't
already.

To enforce the map/reduce semantic requirements, the view server could
make the environment immutable for map/reduce calls and unlock it for
init calls.