couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jedediah Smith <jeded...@silencegreys.com>
Subject Re: View with incremental counter
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:30:29 GMT

Grasping the concepts involved in map/reduce might end up being a
significant hurdle to CouchDB adoption so I would encourage features
that assist in that regard. Sandboxing might also be necessary to
enforce whatever is ultimately CouchDB's security model.

Spidermonkey must have sandboxing capabilities if it runs the javascript
for both the Firefox browser and the web pages it loads.

Paul's case of caching large objects is something to consider (and a
reason my previous email was not strictly correct) but could perhaps be
handled more formally or left to custom view servers.