couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Bugs
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 21:19:01 GMT
On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 04:14:17PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> I got a bug submission system running for Futon. Basically the idea is that
> people can write tests directly in Futon and then submit them to an Appengine
> web service. There's also a listing/search mechanism in Futon for submitted
> bugs.

There are a number of issues with this that I can see:

 * This should really just use JIRA, which is our single location for issue
   tracking and reporting.

 * We don't want to tie our selves to an external service such, which may go
   away or which would force us to import and integrate with the Apache infrastructure.

 * Any code submissions must be vetted for legal issues, JIRA already provides a
   permanent way to do and record this information.

Otherwise, cool. I'm just not so sure we should automate the submission process.

Best,

--
Noah Slater, http://bytesexual.org/nslater