couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simplest possible plugin/component mechanism
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 04:54:58 GMT

On 06/11/2008, at 2:59 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> This is a nice idea, is there anyway to get Erlang to load modules
> directly
> without having to modify the path in the CouchDB script?

Yes, code:add_patha / code:add_pathz allow you to modify the load path
dynamically, so there's no reason why the autoload directories need to
be set in the script. You would need to ensure that the paths in the
config file could be relative.

> That seems like a much
> cleaner solution to me. With this you could either:
>
> * Add a configuration option that loaded a new configuration file
> * Add new configuration files on the command line

You could add new plugins or plugin directories on the command line.

I was looking for a mechanism that didn't require any code.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Always have a vision. Why spend your life making other people’s dreams?
  -- Orson Welles (1915-1985)