couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: command line test runner
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 22:13:22 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:59 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> Couch-heads,
>
> I've got the tests from couch_tests.js running from the command line.

I've commited this to trunk as revision 703276. To run the tests, run
`make check` while you have a CouchDB instance available at
http://127.0.0.1:5984 - ideally make check should be able bootstrap a
CouchDB. I'm not sure the best way to manage this, so I've left it out
of scope.

Because couchjs can take a script on stdin, I'm able to merge the
couch.js, couch_tests.js and test.js (the test runner which
monkeypatches http support into couchjs) using cat, so the copy of the
tests run by this command is the same as that run in the browser.

> Oh and there's a funky utf8 issue. Hopefully its easy to ask
> Spidermonkey to treat its source files as utf8.

This is still an issue with utf8. I'm just skipping that test right
now because I don't see a fix that doesn't involve deep Spidermonkey
magic.

BTW - see test.js for JavaScript code that makes HTTP GET, HEAD, POST,
PUT, DELETE, COPY, and MOVE available to Javascripts. I already have a
few other ideas about what this could be good for. Making HTTP
requests in the view runner (main.js) is what we call a *bad idea* so
don't even think about it.

Thanks to Michael Gottesman (gottesmm) for the initial work on libcurl
integration.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com