couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Florian Ebeling" <florian.ebel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r706817 - /incubator/couchdb/trunk/README
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:09:56 GMT
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:52 AM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>> Have things changed?
>>
>> When I checked in this documentation you:
>>
>>  * did not have to use the .plist extension, I'm sure it wouldn't even work

>> Any reason for the changes?
>>

> It's been my experience that this has been broken for a while.
>
> The new version seems to work for me...

I think this change might be a reflection of my wiki edit of the
InstallMacOsX page yesterday, so I thought I comment.

The plist does not sport the OnDemand key, so by default
launchd will try to keep it running. The "start" part should not
be necessary. It does not harm either.

One confusing thing with the macports install is that there
is a huge user message in the terminal output which advertises
a plist generated by mp. That does not work, unfortunately.
The one that couchdb brings itself is fine.

I have filed a bug at mp for that: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16947

Another inconvenience with the port is that if you forget
to install it with +server variant first, then uninstall, then reinstall,
then you end up with broken file permissions.

Other than that the port works fine for me and the test do all
pass.

Florian

--
Florian Ebeling